Ever walk into a room and notice it just feels…right? Lighting often triggers the feelings you associate with a living space. For this reason, it should play a central role in any interior design project.
Placement and type are most important when it comes to interior lighting. Lighting should coordinate with the colors in the room, furniture style, room size, and the natural light. To make sure lighting is done right, it’s best to partner with a licensed electrician. After all, who knows lighting better? Here are 5 great reasons to team up with an electrician:
1. They will help your project run smoothly and safely. Electricians are trained to avoid safety hazards and get things right the first time. They can install additional circuits and outlets to avoid electrical overload and the associated dangers. Licensed electricians work according to strict codes that ensure safety and satisfaction.
2. They know which fixtures work best. Whether it’s overhead lighting or task lighting, your electrician can make the best recommendations on the type – and placement – of lights for your project. They can also work with you to determine what mood a light fixture might express.
3. They can anticipate current and future wattage needs. Electricians work with you and your clients to determine which appliances will be used and how much power is required. Older New England homes have fewer outlets and less of a capacity to accommodate today’s high power demands. Your electrician can provide proper wiring for new appliances and increased power needs.
4. They know what type of lighting best suits a room. Your electrician understands that the kitchen may require under-cabinet task lighting to illuminate work spaces for safety. And that overhead lighting works best in the bathroom, but the living room is a great for experimenting with mood lighting.
5. They understand that lighting makes all the difference. Lighting is a key design element. Done well, it can make a room feel more spacious. Proper planning also allows lighting to make a space inviting and functional. Electricians get this.
Well-planned lighting is essential in interior design, so including a licensed electrician in the process will ensure your project is done well and meets your needs.
Category: Interior Lighting